Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nowhere Spared

The winter season, usually frees up enough time for me to really get really lost in my imagination. The past few years it has been filled with thoughts getting lost in deep in the woods in the most pristine areas of the world, that are unaffected by all the B.S. of today's society.

Last year I read a book called "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. This book was his account of hiking the Appalachian Trail, which he did in numerous sections. While the book seemed to drag on, I couldn't help but become obsessed on how he explained the feeling of pure nothingness. Where the whole world seemed to be perfect, no wars, no politics, no rules.

I picked up a book this past week, "One Mans Wilderness" which is Dick Proenneke's journal of the experience he had becoming a self sufficient craftsman in the heart of the Alaskan wilderness. I'm not far into this book, but I have already found myself lost in my imagination, thinking, obsessing over the feeling of pure nothingness.

The wilderness seems to be the only place to escape all toxicity of the earth.
Until now.

While getting lost in imagination, reality pokes its evil spear and brings forward the earths real issues.

This is an article I found this evening on what is happening in one of the last pure places on earth. The cause could be tied to mankind and our ability to overlook the effects our lifestyle has on our planet.




No comments:

Post a Comment