Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kicking off the year of Firsts

I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic, but I am finding myself addicted to trying new beer and wine. My girlfriend is a graduate from a the culinary program at Johnson and Wales, so I blame her for steering my tastes away from quantity over quality, to quality and quantity.

Whether its at the food store or at the package store, she finds some of most interesting things that can satisfy any palate. Tonight she stumbled upon this gem, while I was busy looking at overpriced 12 packs.
-You know its a good life when Labatt Blue with lime
makes it into a micro brew variety pack

Yankee Spirits in Attleboro, MA decided to compile this variety pack, which included 3 of each of the beers shown.

With the exception of two, all of these beers were firsts for me (including the Labatt, even though all 3 still remain my fridge) . I can now say I have a few new favorites including the Lagunitas IPA and Boulder Beer's Hazed and Infused.

Keep your eyes open, new experiences are all around you, even in your favorite package stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment