Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vermont Travels

East of Burlington lies the home of Snowflake Bentley, a very unusual character, but wilderness pioneer none the less. The snowflake is something I catch myself thinking about every winter anytime I am outside. Whether I am stuck knee deep in the middle of the woods, or careening face first into it, the snowflake makes up one of most interesting things in my mind and on our planet.

Until tonight I never knew such a man existed, however I knew not one snowflake is the same. Thank you Mr. Bentley for your photography skills and drive to solve the earths phenomenons.















Fairfax VT winter compound

During my most recent trip to Vermont, I got myself turned around on what was supposed to be a short hike. The snow not only blazed my trail, eventually leading me back to my 4 wheel sleigh, but also re-sparked my interest in winter survival.

Thick wetties, thick wool, jonesing for powder pockets and frost bitten nor easters.










No comments:

Post a Comment